Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Oh damn it...we won

so my 'fear' has come true. We are opening for Coldplay at the HP Pavilion.
I don't know what that means exactly, and I don't even know when I'm supposed to be there but I'm sure I'll figure it out. I'm not sure if I'm nervous. Or excited. ok, I'm excited..but maybe not as much as everyone else. when we found out, everyone called their friends to say "guess who's opening for Coldplay next friday??", where as I called my work and said "Uhm...if its not too much trouble, could I have the 18th to the 20th off??!?". I'm very proud of this band though, and I'm very happy for my friends that they have managed to make one of our dreams come true. Don't worry, for those of you cynical sarcastic types, I'll probably vomit in the dressing room bathroom a couple times.

But yes, a thank you is in order to all the people who voted, and to the Coldplay crew for choosing us. Thank you guys!

I just back from tour. And boy was it fun. Oddly enough , I really only remember a couple shows in detail, and the places I shopped. I kept looking around for shops that might have a singing bowl. I finally found one the last day of tour, but opted for a sweet Tibetan cotton shirt, and a Tibetan bead necklace. very hippie. My sister said I look like a member of Sgt. Pepper's band.

I came back to a giant dust storm of madness. All kinds of messages in my inbox. All kinds of messages on my myspace from people I haven't hung out with in three or four months wanting to "hang out". and someone it magically coincided with us winning the Coldplay competition. Mysterious. Anyhoo,I've been seeing my family again, since I got back, and I'm feeling really good to be around them again. Especially my sisters who are too funny for words.

I've also had to chance to see my Girlfriend every day for the past two weeks. Its been awesome. She lives rather far away, and I don't always get to see her. But she came on tour with us, and is staying in town for the next weekend as well. I'm awaiting her return from a meeting for a photoshoot she is doing for Elle magazine! I'm so proud of my lovely girl. Shes an awesome make up artist by the way, who specializes, thanks to her Hollywood makeup schooling, in scars and battle wounds! The perfect skill for an Elle Magazine Make up artist.

I've also had a wonderful time hanging out with all my good friends in the band. Well, they are all my awesome good friends, so it was pretty much a huge vacation. I got to explode firecrackers with all of them (come to think of it, AT them too), and eat the worst food possible. Its funny what our bodies can run off of.

so yeah...uh...stayed tuned and all that. I'll try to work on this blog a little bit more. But we'll see.

-me

No comments: